ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From aravind.s <aravin...@cgi.com>
Subject Questions on Customized Ibator Implementations
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 08:35:37 GMT

Hello,

I need to customize some of the ibator implementations.

Am using Ibator 1.2.1.

Kindly guide me with the following scenarios which I found cannot be
handled by 'plugins':

1.)     We don't have a primary key constraint in the data base. Is
there a way to explicitly handle this?

2.)     I want to provide customized comments instead of
DefaultCommentGenerator. One of the ways is to write my own
implementation for CommentGenerator interface. Is there any better way.

3.)     In xxxSqlMap.xml files, I need to customize the 'id' for all the
elements- resultMap, select, insert, update.

a.)     Instead of giving the full path for class/parameterClass, am
planning to define an alias name for every class to be used.

b.)     Am not using the model example classes, so I have suppressed
their generation in one of my plugins, so in case of update, select
statements I need to have my own where clauses.

For these customizations am currently updating the classes under
org.apache.ibatis.ibator.generator.ibatis2.sqlmap.elements package.

Can they be implemented using plugins?

Appreciate your views on these customizations.

Thanks In Advance,

Aravind. S