ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From ramang <raman.gudime...@sdgc.com>
Subject Re: DB connection Config in SqlMapConfig
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2009 19:17:37 GMT

Hi all,
Not sure if anyone have been able to understand the query below.
let me put it again.
I have an existing portal application with DB connection properties and
connection pool that are defined in vignette portal
(//vignette/portal/config/properties file. The properties are similar to the
SIMPLE JDBC type that we define in ibatis SqlMapConfig as below:
<properties resource="database.properties"/>
   <transactionManager type="JDBC">
   		<dataSource type="SIMPLE">
		      <property name="JDBC.Driver" value="${gis.db.driver}"/>
		      <property name="JDBC.ConnectionURL" value="${gis.db.url}"/>
		      <property name="JDBC.Username" value="${gis.db.user}"/>
		      <property name="JDBC.Password" value="${gis.db.password}"/>
			  <property name="JDBC.DefaultAutoCommit" value="true"/>
      		  <property value="15" name="Pool.MaximumActiveConnections"/>
      		  <property value="15" name="Pool.MaximumIdleConnections"/>
      	      <property value="1000" name="Pool.MaximumWait"/>
	    </dataSource>
  </transactionManager>

 Now, the question that I have to the group is, how can I use the existing
connection pool and DB properties , by declaring the datasource type as
"External"?
 Do I have to override the Ibatis API classes to use the connection pool of
the application ? If yes, how can I make Ibatis override the connection
attributes that I define in the <transactionmanager>?

Appreciate any response.

Thanks
Raman