ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Jeff P <killingd...@hotmail.com>
Subject iBatis 6x slower, what am I overlooking?
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 02:13:16 GMT

I was in the process of stresstesting my app and found out that my count
queries weren't optimal. I've produced the following JDBC test and iBatis
test and the test says iBatis is 6 times slower.

I know iBatis should be just as fast as JDBC, so I refuse to accept that
outcome. However I can't figure out what i'm overlooking. I've re-read the
manual pdf two times to find out performance steps which I might have missed
(had good hopes for caching) but alas, didn't make any change.

I've made an, as small as possible, sample which reproduces my
mini-benchmark. The attached file includes SQL creation code, JDBC benchmark
and iBatis benchmark which should all run without any problem. Only
prerequisite is to have MySQL installed and the xml files configured
correctly.

I hope someone can push me in the right direction.
Thank you in advance.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p22653299/jdbc_ibatis_benchmark_0.2.rar
jdbc_ibatis_benchmark_0.2.rar