ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From TarakBhandary <reach2ta...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: need createCriteria help
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 10:18:00 GMT

I agreed with your views but here I have something to say, that there is the
methods available, which I am using to fetch the records, right. Now I am
not getting my results according to the requirement. I have done this
according to there document. Now what I am trying to say is the tool is
provide us the sql code then why I write those sql manually. If methods are
there to retrieve the record then I should use those methods with compatible
to the framework, isn't it.

Now what is reason behind that my method is not giving me the actual output
then is the given example class methods are wrong or the way I am using that
is wrong.

Here I am not finding any answer. Hope u ll give me some better idea
regarding this matter.

meindert-3 wrote:

>>Is it the way to fetch the records.
> It's a universal way to fetch records. The power in ibatis is the control
> over your queries and the ease of debugging.
> Hibernate is probably the better tool if you don't want query control or
> if
> you want your persistent layer to create the DB
>
>> Do u have any other way to fetch the conditional records.
> Definitely, just add your custom method to the DAO and to the sqlmaps.
> For your example where you have just one (integer) criteria that you want
> put in the where clause I would
> look in the sqlmap's xml file how the query is actual structured and make
> your own query taking a 'int' as parameterclass
> The query would look something like;
> SELECT X FROM Y WHERE Z=#value#
> Or you can use ContactInfo as parameterclass, the query would be
> SELECT X FROM Y WHERE Z=#idContactInfo#
>
> In fact, I rarely let ibator generate the selectbyExample code.

Guide.