ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From JeanNiBee <John.Bate...@nuance.com>
Subject Performance question - INSERT statement using ibatis.
Date Sat, 07 Mar 2009 06:09:49 GMT

Hi

I’m just curious if you any one has performance tips I could us when
inserting (or updating) many rows of data in the database.

My tests are currently querying 10k rows of data from a DB and processing
this data w/ a Row handler... these 10k rows turn into what I'll call about
400 modules (Summarized data / counts of what the row handler iterated
over). All this runs in about 20 seconds. Once this is complete I have to
update that Moule state in my database, no matter what I try (wrt java
optimizagion of memory / object creation etc) I can't get better than 1
insert/update per second. Seems VERY poor to me.

Note: I am using MSSQL Server 2005.

I"m using 'vanilla' ibatis w/ a query file and nothing special with respect
to connection pooling and all that so anything you all can point me too
would be good.

I'll check out my execution plan in the meantime but I am not sure this will
find anything as it's a simple 'INSERT' or 'UPDATE'. No crazy indices on the
table or anything like that.

Thanks for the help!