ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "meindert" <meind...@eduflex.com>
Subject RE: need createCriteria help
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 10:02:41 GMT
>Is it the way to fetch the records.
It's a universal way to fetch records. The power in ibatis is the control
over your queries and the ease of debugging.
Hibernate is probably the better tool if you don't want query control or if
you want your persistent layer to create the DB

> Do u have any other way to fetch the conditional records.
Definitely, just add your custom method to the DAO and to the sqlmaps.
For your example where you have just one (integer) criteria that you want to
put in the where clause I would
look in the sqlmap's xml file how the query is actual structured and make
your own query taking a 'int' as parameterclass
The query would look something like;
SELECT X FROM Y WHERE Z=#value#
Or you can use ContactInfo as parameterclass, the query would be
SELECT X FROM Y WHERE Z=#idContactInfo#

In fact, I rarely let ibator generate the selectbyExample code.