ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Sundar Sankar <fatboys...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: aBator does not create getter and setter for new column in table
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 22:59:07 GMT
If you do search for "How to debug" for your IDE on google, You would get an
idea on how debugging has to be done. It is very simple and am guessing you
didnt do it right. The program execution would stop in your breakpoint and
you could check for values of variables, method returns etc and see how
these values are updated as and when a line gets executed.

For doing what jeff has asked you to do, You would have to attach the source
to the ibator jar and open the source of ibator and place a breakpoint in
the method he is talking about. It would be interesting to see what comes
out for all of us.

-S

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 3:50 PM, Jeff Butler <jeffgbutler@gmail.com> wrote:

> Alternatively, you could actually debug the problem and find out where
> the error lies :)
>
> As I stated earlier, place a breakpoint in the getColumns() method -
> then watch as the column information for the table is returned from
> the database.  I'm willing to bet a virtual Pepsi that the column
> information is never returned from the database.
>
> Jeff Butler
>

> On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 4:25 PM, sanv <viveks@gmx.at> wrote:
> >
> > If I add them manually that would mean I have to add them in which files?
> > In the java files and in the xml files for the sql code?
> >
> > Nicholoz Koka Kiknadze wrote:
> >>
> >> Add it manually :) Yours is such a weird problem, some unique
> combination
> >> of some circumstances. I bet there's some no-framework related problem,
> >> both
> >> iBatis and iBator are so simple or rather transparent (like everything
> >> genial)

JDBC

> the

java -jar

> [...]