ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Jeff Butler <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: aBator does not create getter and setter for new column in table
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2009 20:16:51 GMT
See here for full details:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/sql/DatabaseMetaData.html#getColumns(java.lang.String,%20java.lang.String,%20java.lang.String,%20java.lang.String)

The JDBC driver returns columns ordered by schema and then table name.
 When no schema is specified in the A/Ibator configuration, then the
driver returns columns from the table in any schema (narrowed down by
permissions).

Probably there is a version of the table in some kind of default
schema (the first one), and then in some other specific schema (the
second one).  The column must have been added to the table in the
default schema, but not the other schema.

I'm not an Oracle guy by any means, but there's probably some
catalog/dictionary command that will tell you what schemas the table
exists in.  You could also see what table/schema combinations are
returned by debugging as described earlier.

Jeff Butler

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 1:20 PM, Sundar Sankar <fatboysuns@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wow,
> Jeff, is there an order of schema that Ibator does or does it leave that to
> the database to handle it?
>
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Jeff Butler <jeffgbutler@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> This means that there are two versions of the table (in different
>> schemas).  The versions do not match.  You should probably specify a
>> schema in the Abator configuration file.  Either that, or talk to your
>> DBA to resolve the difference between the two tables.
>>
>> Jeff Butler
>>

>> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 12:18 PM, sanv <viveks@gmx.at> wrote:
>> >
>> > Ah.
>> > Now in Patch.java.1 the column is there but NOT in Patch.java.2.

I debug the

problem and find out

getColumns()
table is returned