ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Rahul Saluja <rahul.sal...@vnl.in>
Subject RE: What does Insert method return
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 16:22:51 GMT
Hi Sundar and Larry,

Really appreciate you taking out time and replying but my question still stands unanswered
.

My question is the select key returns the generated sequence number in case of insert (that
I know) ,so if I use the parameters class field as value to keyProperty attribute will that
be set to in my parameters class's particular field i.e in my case generatedSequenceId_0 or
will it be returned simply as an Integer object so in my code do I need to first call the
getter method for generatedSequenceId_0 and then call type cast back to Integer Object and
then call.intvalue on that object or what....... All I want is generated sequence to be available
in java code.

sqlMap.startTransaction();
Object o = sqlMap.insert(a, newRecord);
Myobject mo = (MyObject)0;
Mo.getgeneratedSequenceId_0().intvalue();
sqlMap.startBatch();

Plsss help me I am confused.

Eagerly Looking forward to response.

Regards