ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Rahul Saluja <rahul.sal...@vnl.in>
Subject What does Insert method return
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 15:25:55 GMT
Hello Everyone,

Can anyone tell me what exactly does sqlmapclient.insert method return I know it returns an
object but does it returns the object of selectkey means say in following example

<selectKey keyProperty="generatedSequenceId_0" resultClass="int">
      SELECT currval('MSCPerfCntrTrunk_seq')
    </selectKey>

Does it return an Integer Object containing an sequence value generated by my insert statement
or

does it return the actual Object which was just inserted with the  generatedSequenceId_0 field
assigned the generated sequence number.

Eagerly Looking forward to your response.

Regards
Rahul Saluja
The information contained in this e-mail is private & confidential and may also be legally
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us, preferably by e-mail,
and do not read, copy or disclose the contents of this message to anyone.