ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Rahul Saluja <rahul.sal...@vnl.in>
Subject RE: custom type handler w/ database-specific type
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2009 09:36:12 GMT
And one more thing which I forgot to mention don't forget to declare your typehandler with
alias in you sqlmapconfig file in following manner

<typeAlias alias="ArraysToStringTypeHandler" type="com.hns.hss.nmf.server.log.manager.util.ArraysToStringTypeHandler"
/>

Regards
Rahul Saluja

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Sonke [mailto:rob@tigrou.nl]
Sent: Sunday, February 08, 2009 2:53 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: custom type handler w/ database-specific type

DO you need access to the DataSource or the Connection?

Rob

John Cartwright wrote:
> I think I've worked around this problem by explicitly specifying the
> handler class w/in the in-line parameter map.
> Now I seem to have the problem of TypeHandler class needing access to
> the DataSource...
>
> --john
>

> John Cartwright wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I'm trying to implement a custom type handler to support Oracle's
>> SDO_GEOMETRY type.  I've got it (apparently) working for retrieval of
>> data, but am having trouble w/ inserts into the database. Error says:
>>
>> org.springframework.jdbc.UncategorizedSQLException: SqlMapClient
>> operation; uncategorized SQLException for SQL []; SQL state [null];
>> error code [0];   --- The error occurred in
>> gov/noaa/ngdc/mgg/ufn/Feature.xml.  --- The error occurred while
>> applying a parameter map.  --- Check the
>> Feature.insertShape-InlineParameterMap.  --- Check the parameter
>> mapping for the 'geometry' property.  --- Cause:
>> java.lang.NullPointerException; nested exception is
>> com.ibatis.common.jdbc.exception.NestedSQLException:   --- The error
>> occurred in gov/noaa/ngdc/mgg/ufn/Feature.xml.  --- The error
>> occurred while applying a parameter map.  --- Check the
>> Feature.insertShape-InlineParameterMap.  --- Check the parameter
>> mapping for the 'geometry' property.  --- Cause:
>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>>
>> I'm registering a global type handler w/:
>>
>> <typeHandler
>> callback="gov.noaa.ngdc.mgg.ufn.dao.ibatis.SdoGeometryHandler"
>> javaType="com.vividsolutions.jts.geom.Geometry"
>> jdbcType="SDO_GEOMETRY" />
>>

>> and the inline parameter map for the "geometry" column uses:
>>
>> #geometry:SDO_GEOMETRY#
>>

>> I've tried various other values for JDBC types: STRUCT, OTHER
>> w/o success.
>>
>> Can someone please help me understand a little better about the
>> connections between the the types in the parameter map and the
>> typehandler registration?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> --john

The information contained in this e-mail is private & confidential and may also be legally
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us, preferably by e-mail,
and do not read, copy or disclose the contents of this message to anyone.