ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Alex Sherwin <alex.sher...@acadiasoft.com>
Subject Problem with Map -> Object -> List object inspection in SqlMaps
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 17:30:05 GMT
When I pass a Map Object as a parameter to a query, I have a custom
Object that contains lists on it.  My Object is keyed as "param" in the
map, and the lists are "whereList", "orderByList" etc.

The syntax should look like this:

$param.whereList[].conjunction$ etc, however this does not work.  I get
a ProbeException that "param.whereList" is not a valid List or Array, so
I overrode some of the iBATIS classes to debug what was going on and
found that eventually found:

BaseProbe.getIndexedType is getting "param.whereList" as the indexedName
argument, where the Object passed in is my map which has the correct
keys (including key "param" which contains my custom object with the
"whereList" on it).

However, at this point the indexedName "param.whereList" is not broken
down any farther since indexOf('[') is -1 (not found), so it attempts to
pull the list out of my map with the key "param.whereList", which is
incorrect, and returning null, which it is doing instanceof on and of
course not an instance of List or any Array implementations, and
throwing the ProbeException that I am seeing.

For now I can work around this by putting my lists into the root of the
map as "whereList" etc, however I can't help but think I'm either
missing some key syntactical thing, or that maybe the way it is breaking
down the objects is incorrect in the hierarchy I'm trying to use.