ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Ingmar Lötzsch <iloetz...@asci-systemhaus.de>
Subject Re: Need help on Inserting child Object .
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 08:45:13 GMT
Hello Rahul,

> I am Using postgresSql As my DB and I am using auto-generated  keys as my way to create
new ID which is as follows:

> <insert id="MSCPerfCntrMscMMSTblImpl"
> parameterClass="com.hns.hss.nmf.server.log.manager.gensrc.MSCPerformance.impl.MSCPerfCntrMscMMSTblImpl">
>         insert into MSCPerfCntrMscMMSTbl(
>         seq_no,
>         neinfo_id,
>         rectimeStamp,
>         numClsMrkUpdates,
>         ciphrModeCntrlAttempt,
>         succCiphrModeCntrl
>         )
> values
>         (
>         nextval ('MSCPerfCntrMscMMS_seq'),
>         #neInfoId_0#,
>         #timeStamp_0#,
>         #index_1.value#,
>         #numClsMrkUpdates_2.value#,
>         #ciphrModeCntrlAttempt_3.value#,
>         #succCiphrModeCntrl_4.value#)
> </insert>

You can use the <selectKey> element as described in

http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=407

I'am sure, there is a chapter in "iBATIS in Action" which describes this
feature too.

If your class MSCPerfCntrMscMMSTblImpl contains an instance variable of
type int or Integer and with identifier "id" and corresponding
getters/setters, this looks like

<insert id="MSCPerfCntrMscMMSTblImpl"
parameterClass="com.hns.hss.nmf.server.log.manager.gensrc.MSCPerformance.impl.MSCPerfCntrMscMMSTblImpl">
        <selectKey keyProperty="id" resultClass="int" type="pre">
                nextval('MSCPerfCntrMscMMS_seq')
        </selectKey>
        insert into MSCPerfCntrMscMMSTbl(
        seq_no,