ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Stanley, Eric" <Eric.R.Stan...@qwest.com>
Subject RE: logging not working using log4j
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 21:12:23 GMT
I have not tried this, because I wasn't sure where I should actually make this call. This is
a tomcat app, Im sure im not the only person to do this. Im wondering what others have done
as far as placing this method call within their code?

-Ryan

-----Original Message-----
From: Young, Alistair [mailto:alistair.young@logica.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 9:18 AM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: RE: logging not working using log4j

Have you tried trying to force iBATIS to use log4j:

LogFactory.selectLog4JLogging();

>From the JavaDoc:

"This method will switch the logging implementation to Log4J if Log4J is available on the
classpath. This is useful in situations where you want to use Log4J to log iBATIS activity
but commons logging is on the classpath. Note that this method is only effective for log classes
obtained after calling this method. If you intend to use this method you should call it before
calling any other iBATIS method."

Might be worth a shot!

Alistair.