ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Stanley, Eric" <Eric.R.Stan...@qwest.com>
Subject RE: logging not working using log4j
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2009 22:27:42 GMT
I notied that too in the docs. I guess that leads me to another
question.  iBATIS does JCL logging by default. I have the
commons-logging jar in my tomcat lib dir so tomcat can use it. Should
not iBATIS see the JCL that tomcat is using and try and use it? And if
the log4j jar is loaded by the same classloader, shouldnt JCL use log4j?
Im sure im making this harder than needs be, so someone please set me
straight! :)

-Ryan

________________________________

From: Nicholoz Koka Kiknadze [mailto:kiknadze@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2009 2:40 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: logging not working using log4j

I recall one has to call

com.ibatis.common.logging.LogFactory.selectLog4JLogging()

before sqlmap is initialized

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 4:25 PM, Stanley, Eric <Eric.R.Stanley@qwest.com>
wrote:

	Richard,
	       I know its being read. As I mentioned below, all other
	components of the app are using it just fine. My app, struts2
and tomcat
	are both using it without a problem. The only thing that's not
logging
	is iBATIS.

	-Ryan