ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From javaguy44 <javagu...@yahoo.com>
Subject ibator - generate all tables for a schema w/out defining <table> element for each table
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 09:39:01 GMT

Hi,

I've been a happy ibatis, abator, ibator user for a little while now, but
there is one feature missing that I think would make my life a lot
easier...and possibly others.  Is there a way to generate all tables for a
schema w/out specifying <table> element in ibator config.xml?

My current workflow when doing DDL changes is as follows:
1.  use GUI datamodeling tool to define / modify columns etc.
2.  actually create schema + tables in DB via script run etc.
3.  modify my ibator config by adding a new <table> element per new table.
4.  generate my classes.

It would be SUPER if we can eliminate step 3.  I can appreciate the need to
override default behavior via <table> elements, but for some of us who don't
need step 3, it seems anti DRY.

Perhaps this functionality is already available and I don't know about it?
Would love to hear that.

Many thanks