ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Gilles Schlienger <s_gi...@yahoo.com>
Subject question about iBATOR and TINYINT columns
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2009 10:38:04 GMT
Hi all,

I think iBATOR is really great and this time I'm using the automatic java fields creation
from my database columns from the Eclipse plugin.
I'm using MySQL and I have the following problem:
- all my TINYINT columns are mapped to Byte java fields (I would prefer Integer or Short)

Looking at the code, the class JavaTypeResolverDefaultImpl really specifies that TINYINT should
be mapped to Byte fields, it's not a default beahaviour.
I have 2 questions:
- Why are TINYINT columns mapped to Byte java fields ?
- I wrote a class that extends JavaTypeResolverDefaultImpl to override the TINYINT case, but
when I run the plugin, it says that it cannot instantiate my class. Do I have to do anything
special so that the iBATOR plugin find my class ?

Thanks a lot in advance
Regards
Gilles

Ne pleurez pas si votre Webmail ferme ! Récupérez votre historique sur Yahoo! Mail ! http://fr.docs.yahoo.com/mail/transfert_mails.html