ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Sundar Sankar" <fatboys...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: iBATIS DAO vs SqlMapClientDaoSupport
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2009 21:50:15 GMT
By reinventing I was talking of , connection pool / management, transaction
management etc etc. I agree, you could do without spring and you could do
without Ibatis too, You do without Struts and just use servlets. You could!
But do u ? In an overall persona, Spring gives u great leverage. Ibatis to
Spring is probably not the right parameter to judge Spring. I am not Spring
crazy too. But I def feel It is better way to code and it does save a lot of
time.

I am guessing you havent implemented Spring in a full fledge project. I was
assuming it aint gonna work and it would be a waste of time too before my
first Spring project. But just when the project was half way, i did realise
its benefits.  It is a good tool and am reiterating again, to see if it is
the right tool for you currently and going forward in your project, you
should be the one to decide.

I am sorry to say, I dont feel this is the right forum to talk about Spring
any more and I feel there would be better answers if you posted the same on
the Spring forum too.

Good luck with your project!

-Sundar