ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Jeff Butler <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Should iBATIS support SQLJ?
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2009 21:22:36 GMT
I took a quick look at the SQL code that was sent recently.  Is this
the proposed implementation?  As far as I can tell, the proposed
implementation takes an existing set of SqlMap files and translates
them to SQLJ files.  So the workflow is this:

1. Write iBATIS Sql maps
2. Generate SQLJ from those maps
3. Use the modified iBATIS JAR to execute *some*, and only *some* of
that code with SQLJ rather than JDBC.

The SQLJ executer will fallback to regular iBATIS (JDBC) if there is
any dynamic element in an SQL map statement (and under some other
conditions too - I can't remember exactly which right now).  So you
still have to have JDBC setup, the executor just switches to SQLJ for
some of the statements.

This seems like an unusual work flow to me.  What's the benefit?

Also, the code that was sent included the IBM DB2 driver, certainly
not open source, and we have no legal right to redistribute.  I don't
know if that was required or was just included as a convenience.

So, I'm -1 based on the implementation I've seen.

Jeff Butler