ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jeff Butler" <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: iBator to generate code/xml files for stored procs?
Date Sat, 10 Jan 2009 15:11:32 GMT
Ibator does not support procedures.  See here for some explanation of why:

   http://www.mail-archive.com/user-java@ibatis.apache.org/msg10177.html

In addition to what's stated there, I'll say that it might be possible
to generate code for procedures that meet these requirements:

1. No REFCURSOR columns
2. No ResultSets
3. JDBC Driver fully supports returning column info for procedures

I'm not sure it's worth it for such limiting restrictions.

Jeff Butler

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 7:41 PM, Givler, Eric <egivler@state.pa.us> wrote:
> I didn't see any docs in Ibator about generating code based on stored functions/procs
or packages  Is that something that is planned in a future release?  Are there any options
I can use now?  What if I wanted all my DML (except select) to go through stored procs, or
possibly even have my select returned via REFCURSOR, would I have to use my own homegrown
xml files (mappings), beans and DAOs?

> Sorry for all the questions, but we're very stored proc oriented and I was trying to
see how I could eliminate the drudgery of creating the model with iBATIS.  It can create the
beans, XML files and DAOs as long as I allow the full CRUD Against the tables, but that's
now always the case.  I like the idea of the selective updates, deletes and inserts - I'll
definitely be able to use that in some apps.