ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jeff Butler" <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: iBATIS DAO vs SqlMapClientDaoSupport
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2009 19:25:58 GMT
iBATIS DAO is deprecated, so probably won't be enhanced, may not work
with future version of iBATIS, etc.  But it works perfectly well as a
simple IoC type of container with a bent towards iBATIS.

Spring is cool but getting bloated.  If you only need IoC there are
simpler alternatives like guice (already mentioned) or even Pico
Container.  I've used Pico Container before and can vouch for it's
simplicity and function.

But it sounds like you might not even need a full IoC capability.
What's wrong with writing a little plumbing code yourself and just
being done with it?

Jeff Butler