ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Christopher.Mathru...@sybase.com
Subject Re: Java.util.calendar to SQLType ??
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2009 16:35:33 GMT
Type Handler:
        public Object getResult(ResultGetter getter) throws SQLException {
                if (getter.wasNull())
                        return null;

                java.util.Calendar cal = java.util.Calendar.getInstance();
                java.sql.Timestamp ts = getter.getTimestamp(cal);

                cal.setTime(ts);

                return cal;
        }

        public void setParameter(ParameterSetter setter, Object parameter)
                        throws SQLException {

                if(parameter == null) {
                        setter.setNull(java.sql.Types.DATE);
                }
                else {
                        java.util.Calendar cal =
(java.util.Calendar)parameter;
                        setter.setTimestamp(new
java.sql.Timestamp(cal.getTimeInMillis()), cal);
                }
        }

Result Map:
    <result column="mod_date" jdbcType="TIMESTAMP" property="modifiedDate"
/>

Don't forget to register the type handler.

I Hope this helps.

"Petr V." <greatman787@yahoo.com>
01/15/2009 12:13 PM
Please respond to
user-java@ibatis.apache.org

user-java@ibatis.apache.org
cc

Subject
Java.util.calendar to SQLType ??

Database schema has column of type Timestamp .

Java POJO has corresponding property defined as java.util.Calendar

Result Map is defined as

<resultMap class="Job" id="JobResult">
    <result column="STIME" jdbcType="TIMESTAMP"
javaType="java.util.Calendar" property="sTime" />
</resultMap>

I understand, I would have to define typeHandler to convert jdbc type to
java Calendar.

I am wondering what should I define jdbcType is my sql map, should it be
TimeStamp or should it be of type date. What would be the better?

Thanks,

Petr