ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Christopher.Mathru...@sybase.com
Subject Re: [VOTE] Should iBATIS support SQLJ?
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2009 22:11:30 GMT
0

IF it doesn't impact the main code line and someone is willing to maintain
it, then why not? Seems more like a plugin at this rate.

Chris Mathrusse
christopher.mathrusse@sybase.com
Sybase, Inc
One Sybase Drive
Dublin, CA 94568
(925) 236-5553

Clinton Begin <clinton.begin@gmail.com>
01/23/2009 11:05 AM
Please respond to
user-java@ibatis.apache.org

iBatis Java Mail List <user-java@ibatis.apache.org>
cc

Subject
[VOTE] Should iBATIS support SQLJ?

Hi everyone,

A group of developers have approached us with a contribution of code
to patch iBATIS so that it supports SQLJ.

If you've never heard of SQLJ, here are two links...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SQLJ
http://www.google.com/trends?q=sqlj

The future of SQLJ is not clear to me, nor is its adoption rate over
time.  Certainly iBATIS has a broader user base than SQLJ does.

So the question is:  Should we support SQLJ as a feature of iBATIS?

+5  ==  Absolutely... iBATIS will be better for it.
+1  ==  Yes, support SQLJ.
 0  ==  Doesn't matter to me.
-1  ==  No, keep them separate.
-5  ==  No way.  iBATIS is better off without it.

This vote will remain open for 72 hours.

Cheers,
Clinton