ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Grigoras, Vasile" <vgrigo...@Infomedics.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Should iBATIS support SQLJ?
Date Sat, 24 Jan 2009 03:55:10 GMT
+1

-----Original Message-----
From: Clinton Begin [mailto:clinton.begin@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 2:05 PM
To: iBatis Java Mail List
Subject: [VOTE] Should iBATIS support SQLJ?

Hi everyone,

A group of developers have approached us with a contribution of code
to patch iBATIS so that it supports SQLJ.

If you've never heard of SQLJ, here are two links...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SQLJ
http://www.google.com/trends?q=sqlj

The future of SQLJ is not clear to me, nor is its adoption rate over
time.  Certainly iBATIS has a broader user base than SQLJ does.

So the question is:  Should we support SQLJ as a feature of iBATIS?

+5  ==  Absolutely... iBATIS will be better for it.
+1  ==  Yes, support SQLJ.
 0  ==  Doesn't matter to me.
-1  ==  No, keep them separate.
-5  ==  No way.  iBATIS is better off without it.

This vote will remain open for 72 hours.

Cheers,
Clinton