ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

Subject SQL-Map / CDATA Performance Issue
Date Sat, 31 Jan 2009 19:11:42 GMT
When I format the SQL within my insert element like Example 1.0 and time
several application calls the performance is degraded *substantially*.
However, if I format the SQL as shown in Example 1.1 the performance
improves dramatically.

It seems the larger the SQL statement and the more "pretty" formatting that
is applied to the embedded SQL statement causes the performance to degrade.
I have read the manual sections on applying the CDATA XML tag to the SQL but
it seems to not make a difference unlsess the SQL is compacted on to one
line.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Example 1.0:

<insert id="insertPerson" parameterClass="springibatis.Person">
	<![CDATA[
      	INSERT INTO people (
            	last_name,
                  first_name,