ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Zoran Avtarovski <zo...@sparecreative.com>
Subject Re: [SURVEY] How many connections are in your pool?
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2009 06:44:15 GMT
By no means am I an expert in this field, but last year I was working on a
large app. The DB guy had pretty impressive knowledge, not just about
databases but also app servers and connecting to DB¹s in general. He had
done some performance monitoring on a number systems with varying loads and
connection type and the thing that stuck is that for browser based apps
(inter or intranet) the best performance was achieved at 2x cores/cpus.

After that we made some changes to other apps where we¹d had some issues and
in most cases we saw improved performance or resource usage and no situation
did it get worse. Some of these apps had quite long running queries.

Z.