ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Young, Alistair" <alistair.yo...@logica.com>
Subject RE: iBATIS caching / transaction isolation question
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2009 11:23:39 GMT
Apologies for following up my own post...

I carried out a simple test and found that transaction isolation is not
maintained.  Also, the cache is not flushed in the event of a
transaction being rolled back.

The sequence of events was:

Thread A: start transaction
Thread A: select value ("1" is returned)
Thread A: update value to "2"
Thread A: select value ("2" is returned)

        Thread B: select value ("2" is returned - not "1")

Thread A: rollback transaction
Thread A: select value ("2" is returned - not "1")

Is this the expected behaviour?

If not, what might I be doing wrong?  If so, how do people deal with
this behaviour?

Thanks for any advice,

Alistair.