ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Young, Alistair" <alistair.yo...@logica.com>
Subject iBATIS caching / transaction isolation question
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2009 10:54:04 GMT
Hello all,

I wonder if somebody could clarify for me how iBATIS caching works with
regards to transaction isolation.

Suppose I have a cache set up with is used when a "selectAllItems"
statement is invoked, and flushed when an "updateItem" statement is
invoked.

Suppose then that thread A starts a transaction, invokes updateItem and
then selectAllItems.  Then, before thread A completes the transaction,
thread B invokes selectAllItems.

Is transaction isolation maintained, or does thread B end up seeing the
(uncommitted) data that thread A has updated?

I should add that I haven't actually tried this yet - but I'd like to
know what the expected behaviour is before getting stuck in.

In our particular use case, we're making use of a custom
TransactionConfig (which is essentially the same as "EXTERNAL" but
handles connection creation slightly differently).  And we're not making
any explicit calls to the iBATIS transaction methods.

Many thanks!

Alistair.

Please help Logica to respect the environment by not printing this email  /  Merci d'aider
Logica à préserver l'environnement en évitant d'imprimer ce mail /  Bitte drucken Sie diese
Nachricht nicht aus und helfen Sie so Logica dabei die Umwelt zu schuetzen  /  Por favor ajude
a Logica a respeitar o ambiente não imprimindo este correio electrónico.

and inform the sender. Thank you.