ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Petr V." <greatman...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Java.util.calendar to SQLType ??
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2009 18:22:52 GMT
I am using Calendar objects because I need to use different TimeZones.

I would be storing UTC in DB but before I show it to user, I would be converting into different
TimeZones. TimeZones are only supported by Calendar in java. Date and Timestamp classes do
not support time zones and locales.

Thanks,

Petr,

--- On Fri, 1/16/09, Vadim <deadmoro3@gmail.com> wrote:
From: Vadim <deadmoro3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Java.util.calendar to SQLType ??
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org, greatman787@yahoo.com
Date: Friday, January 16, 2009, 5:44 PM

I wonder, what's the motivation behind making Calendar an object property? If you need some
Calendar specific operations, create some accessor/mutator methods to hide the actual Calendar
instance. This way you won't need explicit TypeHandlers and your implementation won't depend
on the Calendar (which isn't the best piece of API for time manipulation).