ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Anurag Sethi <asethi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Dynamic Query and Prepared Statement Caching
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2009 03:01:11 GMT
Hi,
I am using the Abator generated queryByExample sql/DAO classes. I am specifically using the
Criteria class in there and have a bunch of criteria ored in the example that I send as the
parameter.

So in general, I have the actual query with different number of criteria ored.

Does Ibatis cache the resulting Prepared statements too? If not, what is the best way to make
sure that the statements are not prepared every time the queryByExample interface is called.
Its a big performance hit.

I have also tried generating an sql map programatically as part of the bootstrap sequence
and actually put in around 300 different static queries in there and call the one based on
the number of criteria I would have had to or using the queryByExample dynamic query. This
should at-least lead to caching of the prepared statements. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,
Anurag