ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Rick <ric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sybase. Another interesting date issue using jconnect vs jtds
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2009 20:38:46 GMT
Crap, now I seem to be having the issue with the jtds driver also.
Maybe I just get lucky sometimes and the dates just work. Most of the
time the time is off by a fraction of  a second:

These two times should match....

01/28/09 03:29:16 PM  INFO
com.nielsen.ondp.test.persistence.dao.gui.AssociateTest setLastLogin -
Today time: 1233174556616
01/28/09 03:29:16 PM  INFO
com.nielsen.ondp.test.persistence.dao.gui.AssociateTest setLastLogin -
associate lastlogin time: 1233174556617

Here's some relevant info:

The test case:

Date today = new Date();
log.info("Today time: "+ today.getTime() );
associateDAO.setLastLogin(TestConstants.ASSOCIATE_ID_RICK);
Associate associate =
associateDAO.findByAssociateID(TestConstants.ASSOCIATE_ID_RICK);
log.info("associate lastlogin time: "+
associate.getLastLoginDateTime().getTime() );
assert associate.getLastLoginDateTime().compareTo(today) == 0;

<update id="setLastLogin" parameterClass="java.util.HashMap">
     update NPPAssociate set lastLoginDateTime = #lastLoginDateTime:DATETIME#
     where associateID = #associateID#
 </update>

in the result map:

<result column="lastLoginDateTime" property="lastLoginDateTime"
jdbcType="DATETIME" />

Associate object has java.util.Date  lastLoginDateTime

I've tried TIMESTAMP in place of DATETIME,  didn't seem to make a difference

--
Rick