ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Rick <ric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ibatis db pool or dbcp
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2009 14:28:24 GMT
On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 8:38 AM, Clinton Begin <clinton.begin@gmail.com> wrote:
> PS:  If you're using an application server, my recommendation is to use the
> container managed DataSource... always always always...

I'm just curious why? Is it because of possible monitoring tools (like
maybe a server's JMX hooks?.) For example doesn't Tomcat just use dbcp
or something similar, what are the main advantage's using that over
your own datasource. (I hate jndi, but I guess I'll use it since I
have in the past  - if there is a big advantage in doing so - I'm just
curious what your views are on the main advantages.)