ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Rick <ric...@gmail.com>
Subject Sybase issue... TEXT column when null insert/updates fail, but when defined as VARCHAR nulls work?
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2009 22:45:20 GMT
I'm a bit curious about this. I'm using the jconnect driver( jconn3
version 6.) I have a column defined as:

datatype: 2005
type_name: TEXT
Column size: 2147483647
Buffer Length: 16

On retrievals TEXT works just fine, and on updates/inserts TEXT is
fine also IF the field is not null, but if the field is null, Sybase
complains when it's declared as a TEXT (or CLOB) (   #spec:TEXT#  ).
Yet if I change it to VARCHAR the null value is accepted and the
insert/update works.  Shouldn't TEXT jdbc type work for all phases of
the CRUD?

--
Rick