ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Rick <ric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: iBATIS DAO vs SqlMapClientDaoSupport
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2009 19:40:22 GMT
On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 2:25 PM, Jeff Butler <jeffgbutler@gmail.com> wrote:
> iBATIS DAO is deprecated, so probably won't be enhanced, may not work
> with future version of iBATIS, etc.  But it works perfectly well as a
> simple IoC type of container with a bent towards iBATIS.
>
> Spring is cool but getting bloated.  If you only need IoC there are
> simpler alternatives like guice (already mentioned) or even Pico
> Container.  I've used Pico Container before and can vouch for it's
> simplicity and function.
>
> But it sounds like you might not even need a full IoC capability.
> What's wrong with writing a little plumbing code yourself and just
> being done with it?

Plumbing code to support what - using SqlMapClientDaoSupport? That's
all I was trying to avoid was having to write a base dao that does
queryForList, queryForObject etc. It's not a big deal though to just
write them myself,  since in the past that's how i've always done it
before Spring, I just build a BaseDAO that handled those methods.
Sounds like I might just go back to that, because you are correct in
that I do NOT need IoC. All I want is a simple persistence jar that
has some service classes and daos that do their thing against a few
different databases that we have.