ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Rick <ric...@gmail.com>
Subject Using ibatis in a standalone jar with Spring, and also using spring in web tier
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2009 05:29:19 GMT
This is really more of a Spring question I guess, but I'll ask here first.

I want to have all my persistence classes (services and daos) that use
ibatis to be bundled in a standalone jar that my war (or possibly
multiple wars in an ear) can use. I'm using Spring for
mSqlMapClientDaoSupport and all my tests run fine. The architecture is
such that I have a service class that can call one or several daos in
each method. All of these beans are defined in my
application-context.xml.

In my webapp I'm also using Spring but I having difficulty
understanding how I set up things so that I can I have an isolated
application-context.xml file that loads for my persistence(ibatis) jar
and and another application-context.xml file for my webapp. Right now
I seem to have to delcare all the beans that my persistence jar is
using (services and daos) in my webapp application-xml. Isn't there a
way that I could get the beans defined in my persistence jar
initialized and then somehow used within my webapp classes? I'm
confused how to set this stuff up. Debating about just ditching using
Spring for my persistence jar.

--
Rick