ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Chema <demablo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Transactions and Pooling
Date Sat, 24 Jan 2009 08:41:15 GMT
But, about the docs:

*"The only way to return a connection to the DataSource (or close the
connection) is to call commitTransaction endTransaction()."*

You could return a connection to the pool just with commitTransaction. I
don't know if this would work same way on an EXTERNAL transactional
enviroment.

So. I guess that endTransaction() is a safe method to close connections.

One question. About docs, *"...If you do not explicitly demarcate
transactions using
the startTransaction(), commitTransaction() and endTransaction() methods,
they will all be called
automatically for you whenever you execute a statement outside of a
transactional block ..."*

What does mean that ? Implicitly calling methods just works if
startTransaction() wasn't called ? If you call startTransaction() but not
endTransaction() explicitly, the last one is never called automatically? and
when the thread finishes, Connection object isn't closed in any way ?

Thanks