ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Anurag Sethi <asethi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Data Caching Question
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 20:57:15 GMT
Hi,
I have enabled FIFO caching for a table. The first time I retrieve records using a criteria,
it stores them in the cache. The next time I use the criteria, I get the result from the cache.
Then I modify those records - not through the data object that was returned to me by the cache
though. How do I make sure that the cache is in sync? If I mark - purge the cache on inserts
-, its going to remove even the records that needn't be removed.

Another question I have is regarding the scope of the cache. Is it the same cache thats available
across the application for a table or is it limited to a connection or some other scope?

Thanks,
Anurag