ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Giovanni Cuccu <giovanni.cu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SURVEY] How many connections are in your pool?
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2009 12:12:27 GMT
Hi all,
       even after reading all the replies I'm still not convinced that
there must ba relation between the pool size and the core/cpu number.
IMHO the storage subsystem plays an important role.
I think that it's more important focusing on the average db call
duration and calcultating the pool size from that value along with the
number of concurrent users.
Anyway in the application I developed the number of connections is
usually more than 3x then number of cpus because the number of
concurrent users is relatively high.(es I could map 50 concurrent
users for 1 cpu into 5 or 10 connections).
Giovanni

"You don't know the power of dark side" - Darth Vader