ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Clinton Begin <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ibatis db pool or dbcp
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2009 13:37:10 GMT
Yes, they're both fine for production.  iBATIS SimpleDataSource has been
around since iBATIS 1.0 and has changed very little (but it does get a major
facelift in iBATIS 3.0).  The difference between the iBATIS SimpleDataSource
and most others is that it's a synchronous datasource.  That is, it does not
spawn reaper threads or manage the pool with anything other than the current
thread.  Overdue, stale or invalid connections are dealt with at the point
of request.  For some this is an advantage, for others, it's not.  IMHO, the
fewer threads the better... the work has to happen somewhere, so why not the