ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Christopher.Mathru...@sybase.com
Subject Re: Sybase sucks... I'm just sayin
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2008 23:52:58 GMT
Seeing as I work at Sybase I don't think it would go over very well if I
were to use the jTDS driver rather than our own JConnect. While I have
found a few issues with JConnect, they have been all relatively minor and
are usually addressed rather quickly when we identify them, which only
makes the product that much better. Other than that, if ever you plan to
use XA in your application, jTDS will not work for you. That's why I have
always used JConnect. The applications I am developing use XA frequently
so JConnect is really the only option for us. (Other than the fact that we
work at Sybase and really like and want to keep our jobs)

Chris Mathrusse
christopher.mathrusse@sybase.com
Sybase, Inc
One Sybase Drive
Dublin, CA 94568
(925) 236-5553

Rick <rickcr@gmail.com>
12/05/2008 03:38 PM
Please respond to
user-java@ibatis.apache.org

user-java@ibatis.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Sybase sucks... I'm just sayin

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 5:41 PM,  <Christopher.Mathrusse@sybase.com> wrote:

> Sounds more like an issue with the jTDS driver and not with ASE. I've
been
> using the JConnect driver with iBatis for several years now and never
> encountered any issues with dates.

True. I shouldn't be blaming Sybase really.

Do you recommend the JConnect driver over jtds? I heard the jtds
driver was faster/better?