ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Christopher.Mathru...@sybase.com
Subject Re: Sybase sucks... I'm just sayin
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2008 22:41:27 GMT
Sounds more like an issue with the jTDS driver and not with ASE. I've been
using the JConnect driver with iBatis for several years now and never
encountered any issues with dates.

Chris Mathrusse
christopher.mathrusse@sybase.com
Sybase, Inc
One Sybase Drive
Dublin, CA 94568
(925) 236-5553

Rick <rickcr@gmail.com>
12/05/2008 02:35 PM
Please respond to
user-java@ibatis.apache.org

user-java@ibatis.apache.org
cc

Subject
Sybase sucks... I'm just sayin

Been going crazy here because a stupid DATE field when it coverts
through JDBC to Java (no matter what the java type) it converts to the
day before as something like 2001-08-26 23:59:59.997 when it should be
something like 2001-08-27 00:00:00.000. Instead it converts back  a
day by about .003 seconds or so. (changing the jdbcType in my result
map didn't help either.)

Anyway as Nathan pointed out (check is in the mail Nathan) it's
probably a driver issue. I refused to believe him since I was using
the latest jtds open source driver for Sybase. Sure enough if I go
back to the jconn3 driver (not in maven that I can find by the way..
nice), things work.

In case anyone cares, you can still use the latest jtds driver with
this work-around in your sql if you do a covert. Stupid that I have to
do it if you ask me:

convert(DATETIME, bd.broadcastDate)

Thanks for ruining my Friday Sybase.

--