ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Rick <ric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trying to use HashMap as a param object for an UPDATE - getting an exception
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2008 14:38:24 GMT
On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 11:02 AM, Larry Meadors <larry.meadors@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 8:09 PM, Clinton Begin <clinton.begin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> That said, (to further argue with myself), I actually prefer the flexibility
>> of not typing the statement. It's a sort of duck typing for iBATIS.
>>

> I almost never use a parameter type or map. :-/
>
> I'm just lazy that way.

Even for retrieves? I like using map as my parameter object for
retrieves. I always seem to run into cases where the POJO itself
doesn't really fit for retrieves because you often need extra
parameters that I don't feel like sticking in as properties on my
pojo. Maps seem to work nice for this.  ( Sometimes I'll create a
FooBarSearchCriteria object, if it's parameters chosen from a
front-end, but often a Map is just fine.)

Don't fear the Map! </vic>