ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Larry Meadors" <larry.mead...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ibatis & derby problem
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2008 12:41:37 GMT
Here's my opinion on this, for what it's worth.

Neither derby nor ibatis are at fault here - both are doing what is
expected: Working within the constraints of a standard API from Sun
(JDBC).

The real issue here is that the standard API is kind of stupid in this case.

The crappy part of that is this: You as the user are stuck between two
products that are both working correctly (per the standard) but in a
sub-optimal way (because of the standard).

What I am left wondering is this: What is the value in the derby
implementation of knowing the type of null that is being set, and what
was the behavior before this change went in that allowed your
application to work before?

Larry