ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Young, Alistair" <alistair.yo...@logica.com>
Subject Statement Caching Question
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2008 10:44:45 GMT
Hello everybody.

We have a big loop in which we're using iBATIS to insert many rows into
a number of database tables.  Unfortunately, for various pragmatic
reasons, the underlying SQL map is using the $ notation for
substitution.  So it's something fairly unpleasant like:

INSERT INTO $table$ ($columns$) VALUES ($values$)

Of course, this means that each insert is considered a unique statement
and, with statement caching enabled, we eventually get an error from our
database:

ORA-1000 maximum open cursors exceeded

If we disable statement caching (in our SqlMapConfig file), then the
problem goes away - but 99.9% of the time we're running "proper" queries
and this seems like a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

Is it possible to disable statement caching temporarily?  Or can
somebody suggest another solution?

Thanks,

Alistair.

and inform the sender. Thank you.