ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Rick <ric...@gmail.com>
Subject Just curious...how 'much' worse is performance if just maps
Date Sat, 15 Nov 2008 16:06:24 GMT
I'm starting this conversion of an existing hibernate app over to
iBATIS. The app is 95% reads (the resulting objects eventually get
massaged into XML trees for a gui to use.) As I'm looking at these
models, the entity properties are currently set to match the exact db
column names. I'm debating about returning Lists of Maps. I know
performance will be worse populating Maps vs pojos... but I'm curious
'how much worse' are we talking about? Has anyone done some crude
benchmarking?

I probably won't use maps though because I don't like the
error-proneness of getting the property values by key name (getXXX is
easier than having to keep the datamodel open and remembering the
exact column name, and ooops someone forgot a unit test.)

--
Rick