ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Rick <ric...@gmail.com>
Subject iBATIS with Tomcat vs JBoss
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2008 23:06:36 GMT
After wrestling with JPA/Hibernate for a bit I'm not seeing all the
gain and there are ton of 'gotchas' you have to look out for, so I'm
thinking of skipping even using JBoss since I really don't have to use
EJBs if I'm using iBATIS, and instead just going to my old faithful
Tomcat/iBATIS setup. (The app will be 95% read only. Feeds meta data
to the front end gui for display prompts available to the user.) (By
the way yes I know you can use OpenEJB inside of Tomcat, but it just
seemed easier using a JBoss setup since I'm already familiar with it.)

The app will mostly get hit by about 2K users all at the same time
when they login to try to get a list of reports available to them at
3PM.

Are there some major performance gains I'll get using JBoss over
Tomcat? Tomcat over JBoss?

Are there any other issues I should consider before I make the switch?

Thanks

--
Rick