ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Zsolt Koppany <zkoppanyl...@intland.com>
Subject Re: ibatis & derby problem
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2008 14:11:35 GMT
Larry,

I completely agree! I see NO value. NULL is NULL regardless whether or
not Integer, String or whatever.

We have seen several times that classes got by Sun deprecated and they
came back.

Of course it is an option waiting for couple of years and hoping that
the standard will be changed again but is that reasonable?

My impression is that the ibatis community is much more programmatic
than the derby one, I feel to much policy there (ibm, sun etc.), however
(it is also important to understand) derby gets better and better and I
don't think it would be good for ibatis not to support (also stupid
parts) derby.

Zsolt