ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Zsolt Koppany <zkoppanyl...@intland.com>
Subject Re: ibatis & derby problem
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2008 09:12:55 GMT
Hi,

I attached the answer from the derby list.

I just wonder how effective the communication is between the derby and
ibatis communities.

Would it be really so complicated to fix the problem? Discussions about
standards are very important however the acceptance of API-s is more
important, also for derby but also for ibatis.

I think ibatis is with hibernate one of the best (for me the best) java
database mappers. Sun and IBM are pushing derby. The performance of
derby is today much better than it was a couple of years ago.

Our persistence tests run 16 minutes with Oracle and 26 with derby (we
use an old derby driver) and this results make derby more attractive
because you just don't have the huge overhead of oracle (including the
installation problems).

Zsolt

Here is the answer from the derby list:

Bernt M. Johnsen schrieb:
 >> Kathey,
 >>
 >> How can you always know the type of an Object? Ibatis supports also
 >> jdbc<-->java.util.Map mapping. How do you want to know for example
if a
 >> value is not available in the Map which java type to use to set NULL?
 >>
 >> ps.setNull(1,java.sql.Types.VARCHAR);
 >>
 >> It might be a weakness of the JDBC specification (what I don't know)
but