ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Gilles Schlienger <s_gi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re : Change package of Example classes generated by iBator ?
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2008 13:59:40 GMT
Thanks Dan,
I'm actually looking to use the Example classes but having them in a different package.

I will look at the "Java Generator".
I was hoping someone had had the same need and had already addressed it :)

Thanks again
Gilles

________________________________
De : Dan Turkenkopf <dturkenk@gmail.com>
À : user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Envoyé le : Vendredi, 14 Novembre 2008, 14h21mn 06s
Objet : Re: Change package of Example classes generated by iBator ?

Hi Gilles,

I'm not sure if you're trying not to generate the Example classes at all, or if you want them
in a different package.

If you're looking not to generate the Example classes at all, the <table> object has
lots of attributes you can add that allow you to change  what gets generated.  For example,
setting all the enableXXXbyExample to "false" should stop the Example classes from being generated.
 Details on all the attributes can be found here: http://ibatis.apache.org/docs/tools/abator/configreference/table.html

If you want to put them in a different package than your domain classes, then I think you'll
need to create your own Java Generator, at least in the Abator.  Some initial instructions
can be found here: http://ibatis.apache.org/docs/tools/abator/

If you're willing to build from source and upgrade from trunk, you could create a plugin that
implements themodelExampleClassGenerated(TopLevelClass, IntrospectedTable) method which might
allow you to change the package for the TopLevelClass passed into it.

Hope this helps,

Dan Turkenkopf