ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From mfs <farhan.sar...@gmail.com>
Subject Question on iBatis Implicit Transactions ?
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2008 03:43:41 GMT

Hello Guys,

I have got a couple of questions relating to iBatis starting out implicit
trasactions..Let me add that i am using iBatis "JDBC" TransactionManager.

Please comment/correct me on the following understanding, given
COMMITREQUIRED="TRUE" :

1a) iBatis implicitly starts a transaction if one isn't explicitly started ?
If that is true would iBatis commit the transaction in the end (given we
never started one mistakenly or otherwise and hence not
committing/rolling-back) ?
2a) Second Scenario. We do start a transaction but don't explicitly do a
commit in the end. Would iBatis do the commit for you, given no exceptions
got raised OR it would just rollback the transaction ?
2b) Relating to the above scenario, I read somewhere that iBatis would
rollback the transaction if it is "select" query, what if it is "select for
update" ?

Thanks

Farhan.